The Remstar building is part of "Les Cours Le Royer", the most important and prestigious commercial complex built near the port during Montreal's industrialization period. Erected in 1861, the building is subject to the Heritage Building Protection legislation, forever ensuring the preservation of its beautiful cut stone facade.

Renovated in the early 80's, the building offers all the modern facilities essential to office buildings such as two powerful elevators with a capacity of 25 people each and a high-speed Internet line T1 (Internet/Videotron High Speed).

The building has maintained its antique flair. Its 5 loft-style floors, have 12-foot ceilings, brick walls and exposed cedar beams, offering rental space totalling eighty-three thousand nine hundred (83,900) square feet.

Its entrance hall was entirely renovated in 2001. The floor of this impressive hall is now covered with granite tiles. During the building's regular hours, a security guard insures a warm welcome to tenants and visitors. Outside the regular hours, the building is accessible by a magnetic card security system.

An original concept of architect Victor Bourgeau, the building replaced the first hospital in Montreal, founded by Jeanne Mance in 1644. It is also endowed with a European style park of twenty-five thousand square feet, sitting atop an underground parking facility counting 90 parking spaces.

The Remstar building is located on the northeast corner of Saint-Paul and Saint-Sulpice streets, in the heart of Old Montreal. It is the only building of the "Cours Le Royer" complex entirely dedicated to commercial and office space. It is walking distance from Place d'Armes metro station, the St-James, Intercontinental and Place d'Armes hotels, without forgetting the Notre-Dame Basilica and the rest of the Old Port infrastructures.




Information request




























Previous page