in 1893, the industrial and commercial 2-storey building
is located in the area known as "the Old Faubourg
des Récollets", the district joining Old
Montreal to the heart of lower town. This neighbourhood
is delimited in the north by Saint-Antoine Street,
in the east by McGill street, in the south by the
de la Commune Street and in the west by the Bonaventure
highway. Within this quadrilateral, the building is
located south of Saint-Maurice Street, west of Longueuil
Street, north of William Street and east of Saint-Henri
the past, these boundaries included two regions: the
northern most "the Old Faubourg des Récollets",
was one of the first suburbs of Montreal. It was located
just west of the fortifications, creating a triangular
area contained within McGill, Saint-Antoine and William
streets. The "petit séminaire des Sulpiciens"
with its vast gardens was built here at the beginning
of the 19th century. Its ruins can still be seen today.
The building, with a surface area of eighteen thousand
and forty-four (18,044) square feet, is equipped with
an alarm system linked to a security station, fire
extinguishers, manual stations and a sprinkler system.
It also has two cement vaults armed with steel doors
and a conveyor system to transport goods. On the side
of the building are a loading dock and a large garage
door for the reception of merchandise. Forty parking
spaces are reserved for the tenants of the building.
The building is easily accessible from the Champlain
and Victoria bridges as well as by the Ville-Marie
and Bonaventure highways. Because the building is
located in the "zone du commerce", the tenants
are subject to governmental subsidies.